…give your children Words! Words! Words! Words? Yes, words! Seems simple, but even the President knows it may the most important thing you can do for your child to guarantee success later in life.
How can that be? Just words? Researchers from major prestigious universities have determined that children from low-income households hear 30 million LESS words than children from more well-off households by age three.
It’s called the “30 Million Word Gap.” That’s a big gap. 30 million words! So how does that impact a child who doesn’t hear enough words from their parents?
- By 3-years-old, these kids have a vocabulary half the size of their peers.2
- Puts them at a disadvantage before they even step foot in a classroom.2
- Also leads to disparities such as school readiness, long-term educational and health outcomes, earnings, and family stability even decades later.2
So regardless of income, class or race, children need their parents to talk, read and sing to them during the earliest years of their life. The abundance of words and rich conversations can directly change the trajectory of a child’s life.
But rest assured that Mr. Clown will help bridge the word gap for your child and ensure them a more successful and happy future. That’s better than any gift you can buy. It’s priceless!
- “The Thirty Million Word Gap.” Rice University School Literacy and Culture — Rice University, 31 Dec. 2012. Web. 28 Feb. 2015.
- Shankar, Maya. “Re: Empowering Our Children by Bridging the Word Gap.” Web log comment. The White House Blog. The White House, 25 June 2014. Web. 28 Feb. 2015.